“So, hypothetically… if I could take a bunch of MOOCs (Massive Open Online Courses) and read books at Barnes and Noble all day… and then be a...”
“In 1979, when the minimum wage was $2.90, a hard-working student with a minimum-wage job could earn enough in one day (8.44 hours) to pay fo...”
Why I Feed The Trolls
I’ve touched on this topic a few times. People from academia have a hard time understanding why I would deign to respond to some of the comments and messages that I receive that are obviously unfounded attacks on my credibility. It’s hard for people to believe that the rather decorated p...
“Life is going to present to you a series of transformations. And the point of education should be to transform you. To teach you how to be t...”
EVERY STUDENT’S BRAIN WORKS DIFFERENTLY every student’s brain works differently you cannot tell a student how to study !!!!!!! that might not work for them eVEry student’s bRAin works DIFFerently THEY DO NOT ALL STUDY THE SAME WAY !!!!!!! note cards are not always the best thing for everybody neithe...
- This was one of my favorite teachers ever, he didn't believe in homework and was just the coolest dude ever
- Teacher:I won't be here tomorrow so I left worksheets for the teacher to give you.
- Kid:why can't we watch a movie?
- Teacher:because the school board doesn't like us to show you movies that don't have anything to do with the curriculum. They say that movies are for home and we need to keep your home life separate from your school life.
- Me:then why do they give us homework?
- Whole class:.....
In Case You Missed It: President Obama Answers Your Education Questions
Did you miss it? Watch today’s Tumblr Q&A right here to see President Obama answer questions on education, college affordability, and more.
“I’m tired of some careers being ranked as “smart” and “practical” and others being ranked as “stupid decisions.” I’m tired of different type...”
“We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills, critical thinking skills and similar programs … which focus on behavior modifi...”