- Book 1:But Harry, James saved Snape's life.
- Movie:NO. Pfft. Minor details. Clearly the ear wax joke is more important.
- Book 3:Harry your father turned into an illegal animagus to help Professor Lupin out.
- Movie:Yeah, here's a stag. Imagine it's your father Harry.
- Book 4:Harry, I am the Dark Lord and even I acknowledge that your dad was brave as fuck.
- Movies:What are you talking about?
- Book 5:Look, he is insecure and smitten. And oh, that was a TERRIBLE thing to do James. Yeah, sure you hate what Snape called Lily later. And sure Snape retailated or whatever. But that wasn't cool James, that was stupid and unnecessary.
- Movie:YOU TERRIBLE BULLY, TERRORIZING ITTY LITTLE SNAPE LIKE THAT!
- First year
- James:*stands up on the table* LILY EVENS!
- *Everyone looks to see what he's yelling about.
- Lily:Oh god.
- James:I HEREBY DECLARE THAT BY OUR SEVENTH YEAR I WILL MAKE YOU FALL IN LOVE WITH ME.
- Lily:*covering face* Stop you're embarrassing me.
- James:OTHERWISE I WILL DIE OF SHAME RIGHT HERE IN THE GREAT HALL!
- Lily:I already did that.
I think the worst thing the Harry Potter movies did was make it Snape who found James and Lily’s bodies instead of Sirius.
- James:Did it hurt when you fell from heaven?
- Lily:No but I did scrape my knees when I crawled up from hell
- James:That must be why you're so fucking hot
- Lily:Clever, Potter
- James:Thank yo-
- (One hour later)
- James:-And that's how I got two black eyes
Right now, all I can imagine is new parent James Potter, half-asleep and completely out-of-it, grabbing the first blanket-like thing in reach to wrap baby Harry in, before putting him down and going back to bed. In the morning, Lily shoves him awake and snaps, “I can’t find the baby or your dumb Inv...
You’re in the fifth grade, and you’re going to a brand new school. You have one friend, a best friend, and he’s the only one that knows: what to expect at the new school, what you and your family are like, what you’re going to be learning. You feel an understandable loyalty to this boy, who needed a...
Sirius Black high-fiving Lily Evans every time she raises her hand in class.
When Lily Evans told James Potter that she wouldn’t go out with him because he was a bully, he stopped bullying people and redeemed himself. When Lily told Severus Snape that she wouldn’t go out with him because he called her a racial slur, he went on to join a racist terrorist group.Con...
James bringing a large black dog home, and Lily comes home later and she’s like “hey Sirius” and Sirius walks in the front door and says, “hi” then James looks at Lily and says, “I may have just stolen someone’s dog.”
Lily Evans, sitting in the common room at one in the morning, hunched over her charms text. Lily Evans, diligently practicing her non-verbal charms casting until it’s second nature. Lily Evans, taking particular care to master her non-verbal casting of “Aguamenti” until she achieve...