So I got this hella cute pocky mold from j-list and it arrived a few days ago and so in honor of me wasting my money on this cute ass mold, I decided to make some pocky. The Ultimate Weeb Food.
here’s a cool recipe so you can make some fabulous pocky, too.
(serves: you can make like about 30 sticks)
- ¼ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ½ tablespoons water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, melted or hella soft
- ¼ tsp vanilla
- a shit ton of chocolate, either dark, milk, or white
- So take the condensed milk and the water and mix that shit up real nice until they’re super combined.
- Then, take the flour, baking powder, sugar, cardamom and salt and, using an electric mixer, whisk everything.
- After that, slowly add the butter and vanilla, and then once that’s all mixed, add the condensed milk mixture.
- After it’s all combined, pat the dough into a circular disk thing and wrap it up in plastic wrap. Let it chill in the fridge for like half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F. Take the dough out of the over and roll it out really thin.
- Cut the dough into a rectangle with the length being the same length as a pocky stick.
- Using a sharp knife (preferably one with NO serrated edge), cut the dough into thin strips, and roll each strip until it’s rounded out a bit.
- Repeat the rolling, cutting, and all that jazz, and place each lil limp stick thing onto some parchment paper that’s lying atop a baking sheet.
- Put those lil nerds in the fridge for like another 15 minutes and then take them out again.
- Throw them in the oven for about 10 to 20 minutes. This all honestly depends on how thin you rolled out those sticks.
- Once they’ve browned, take em out and let them sit to cool for like 20 minutes.
- Take your chocolate of choice and melt it either on the stove top or, if you’re feeling lazy (i feel u) in the microwave.
- Pour the melted chocolate in a tall, thin cup and dip the sticks in it before putting the newly chocofied sticks on a new baking sheet.
- Refrigerate them for another 10 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Use these freshly baked miracle sticks as an excuse to play The Pocky Game with yo bae
ayyyyyyy we just made the ultimate weeb food.
Pair this shit with some ramen and about 400 episodes worth of anime and you’ve got yourself a very sad, but very delicious life.