- GRRM:Here's a highly intelligent, queer, sex positive woman of color in a position of real power as heiress to Dorne, who's POV is a major portion of the book and establishes her as a crucial character in the series, and on top of that is badass and sexy.
- David Benioff and D.B. Weiss:Okay but what about that kid brother she had? The one with no lines? Let's just cut Arianne, age him up, and make him heir to Dorne. Because our show just doesn't have enough sexism yet.
- Obara:BLARGH VENGEANCE
- Tyene:ahh, vengeance...
- Doran:OMG WTF NO
- Arianne:birthright intrigues desperate justified tears and VENGEANCE, OK?
- Doran:listen here
“No one will be alive by the last book. In fact, they all die in the fifth. The sixth book will be just a thousand-page description of snow b...”
- George Stroumboulopoulos:There's one thing that's interesting about your books. I noticed that you write women really well and really different. Where does that come from?
- George R.R. Martin:You know, I've always considered women to be people.
"Things Were Just Like That Back Then": Thoughts on Westeros, Sociology, and Historical Accuracy in ...
Seeing this post reminds me that someone I’ve known for years, and who has a rather expensive college degree, said these exact words to me in regard to ASOIAF/Game of Thrones this past Tuesday at a gaming tournament: "Things were just like that back then.” There were not enough faces for...