1. Your toothbrush next to mine.At the Grand Canyon, we raced to memorize every animal fact we could, and did not waste any flicker of campfire without letting people know the greatest threat to manatees is fishing boats; skunks won’t spray if there’s a chance they’ll smell themselves. We became our own favorite game.
2. You never sneeze the same way twice.
3. Yesterday, your mother asked me to call her “Mom.” She said she didn’t understand all the big fuss over joining the family because she already considered me a part of it.
5. My happiest moment is the night we couldn’t sleep. We ransacked the beach chairs out of your garage and sat in the middle of the sleeping street with our bodies laid out to the sky. We peeled back the layered paint on the stars; tried our best guesses at what they all meant.
6. You call me by my full name, and I never knew how beautiful it could sound.
7. When we come home, we tell each other about all the dogs we met today; all the shades of green we watched in the trees.
8. I could spend an entire day kissing every inch of your shoulders.
9. Neither one of us sleep pretty, but you are still the most remarkable thing I wake to.
10. I can’t talk about this to anyone else. They don’t understand it like I do: all the stupid, silly things that don’t mean anything, but they matter to me.
They matter to me.
You matter to me.
“Stop setting yourself on fire for someone who stays to watch you burn.”
“If either one of us is bound to get hurt from this, I’ll do everything in my power to make sure that it won’t be you.”
“I hope you fall in love With someone who always texts back and never lets You fall asleep thinking you’re Unwanted. I hope you fall i...”
“Sleep with me. I couldn’t care less if were wearing five layers of clothes, or nothing at all. You belong in my bed. You deserve to fe...”
“loving you is easy. loving you is muscle memory.”
“the day will come when i will place you on a shelf in the back of my head. i have already begun collecting the dust i will conceal your name...”
“One. You see her for the first time and she’ll walk right past you like you are a crack in the wall and she is a skyscraper with her head so...”
“let me in. let me wander the depths of you without direction, its okay, i want to get lost in you.”