- Nervous witches collecting rainwater in mason jars and purifying it for non visibility spells. Dousing their wrists and necks and behind their ears to prevent unwanted attention.
- Witches brewing tea and coffee and leaving it to sit for days so that the spirits in their homes will be pleased.
- Twenty year old witches squinting at their scrawled runes in a composition notebook in a cramped apartment as they study for exams.
- Witches arming themselves with non-lethal hexes and curses when they have to walk at night in the city because you can never be too careful.
- Witches adopting their black cats from shelters, and maybe several other cats that aren’t black as well.
- Witches creating fairy lights of floating candles that sometimes drip wax on the floor but will refuse to burn the witch’s dwelling.
- Familiars doubling as therapy pets and service dogs.