If you’re HURT by people, who share the same blood as you,
…remember Yusuf (alaihis-salaam), who was betrayed by his own brothers.
If you find your PARENTS opposing you,
….remember Ibrahim (alaihis-salaam), whose father helped build the idols.
If you’re STUCK with a problem where there’s no way out,
….remember Yunus (alaihis-salaam) stuck in the belly of a whale.
If you’re ill & your body cries with PAIN,
….remember Ayoob (alaihis-salaam) who was more ill than you.
If someone SLANDERS you,
….remember Ai’sha (radhi allahu anha) who was slandered throughout the city.
If you’re LONELY,
….recall Aadam (alaihis-salaam) who was created alone.
If you CAN’T SEE any LOGIC around you,
…think of Nuh (alaihis-salaam) who built an ark without questioning.
If you are MOCKED by your own relatives;
… think of Prophet Muhammad (sallallahu alaihi wasallam)
Let’s take a lesson of patience & perseverance from them, in’sha’Allah!
“If you’re HURT by people, who share the same blood as you, …remember Yusuf (alaihis-salaam), who was betrayed by his own brother...”
“اللهم ان رأيتني ابتعد عنك فردني اليك ردا جميلا”
- One day a poor man brought a bunch of grapes to the holy prophet Muhammad SAW as a gift. The holy prophet SAW ate one, two, three and then the whole bunch of grapes by himself.
- He did not offer grapes to anyone present.
- The poor man who bought those grapes was very pleased and left.
- One of the companions asked, "O Prophet of Allah SAW ! How come you ate all the grapes by yourself and did not offer to any of us present?"
- The Holy Prophet SAW smiled and said, "I ate all the grapes by myself because the grapes were sour. If I would have offered you, you might have made funny faces and that would have hurt the feelings of that poor man.
- I thought to myself it's better that I eat all of them cheerfully and please the poor man, I did not want to hurt the feelings of that poor old man."
- Such were the manners of this most noble Prophet of Allah SAW.