9 empowering habits for strong and struggling students
1. Understand the difference between process and panic. How is your energy, and your preparation? Negative self talk is horrible for the body, and such sparks of anixety and fear can cause the increase likelyhood for mistakes. An importance quote to remember is “Do not say things about yourself, you do not wish to come true.”
2. Take 10 to 15 minds to plan your time. I like to usea sticky note in bullet journal. I usually write the estimated time, say an hour than the activity next to it. I also like to batch. Low energy less than 5 minutes tasks can easily be batched this means: (for me, writing)
Break: 15 minutes : Send email to english professor, send updated draft to english professor, and finish evaluations for class.
3. Read Brene Brown. She is just wonderful and amazing author on vunerability. Her, and “All about love” by Bell Hooks.
4. Brene Brown, really hammers this idea of “owning one’s worthiness than that hustling for your worthiness from others”, I have truly needed this quote in times when making powerful decisions.
5. Skimp before your classes. Not necessaryly reading all, by understanding who, what , where and why, and creating questions before class, helps prepares your mind for the new information from class.
6. Struggling students, high school or college, tend to keep a lot of things inside. If at a cross roads, I think it is a good idea to write, or even type, backup plans, or new methods of reaching your goals. “Be strict about goals, but flexible about methods.
7. Podcast. Period. If negative thoughts come by way, some how listening to podcast can give me the funny, spirtual or happy boost I need.
8. Call your familiy. It might sound cheesy but it helps
9. Lastly reach and touch. Going to career services, speaking with professors and your advisor, reframing your strengths, and given your plan, can help relieve stress. If this means changing a major, taking a harder course, dropping a club, even changing a professional you ached for do it. I am in the process as of not. I am utilizing resources and placing my professional goals and well being at the fore front. Yes, it is a lot of work, but I understand my future self with thank me. I understand I cannot make decisions birthed from fear. Change the gaze.