The 15 Most Iconic Moments of Professor Snape In ‘Harry Potter'
It is obvious that all Potterheads are in mourning. As an ode to Alan Rickman, we have rounded his most tender and iconic moments on screen in the Harry Potter series.
J.K. Rowling trusted Rickman with her biggest secret: that the villain on the surface was actually driven by love, and that he would play a bigger role than readers expected. Thanks to Rowling, Rickman knew Snape was a double agent before the entire series was published. Although professor Severus Snape was first introduced as a cunning and unusual being, he quickly became engraved in our hearts for his good-will in unexpected moments. We heavily empathized with him when we found out his history of being Lily’s (Harry Potter’s mother) star-crossed lover.
1. This sentimental flashback when Harry learns about Snape’s history with his mother. She was his true love.
2. When Snape was annoyed with Hermione and deducted 5 points from Gryffindor.
3. Super sassy shrug, need we say more?
4. Every whack across Ron Weasley’s head.
5. His iconic request to the class.
6. That time he took 37 pauses to mock Harry.
7. When Snape reminded Harry of this harsh reality.
8. When he revealed his Patronus to be a doe, just like Lily’s.
9. When Snape accused Harry of being a thief.
10. When he protected the kids after a Lupin transformed into a werewolf.
11. When Snape had trouble raising his wand against Professor McGonagall. You can see the physical heartbreak and trauma in his expression and you can physically see the heartbreak in his face.
12. When he deflects McGonagall’s attack and uses it against Alecto and Amycus.
13. When Snape demands Harry to take his tear to place in the Pensieve.
14. When Harry reminded Snape of his true love, Lily.
15. This tender moment.