since it is trans day of visibility, we should do more than just post selfies. today i will try to be posting resources, history, and transition stories. there’s nothing wrong with posting some selfies today, but we should also be making our community, history, and siblings known.
a small list of resources for the moment:
- trans people who are in a serious situation, such as being suicidal, or being abused, etc. can contact the trevor project. they have a lifeline that is 1-866-488-7386 and an online chat room.
- the trans 100 is a list co-founded by antonia d’orsay and jen richards*** of inspiring trans americans.
- we happy trans is a website that provides happy trans stories!
- a longer list of resources from GLAAD can be found here
- trans housing network
- mermaids.org.uk is a website that provides individual and family support for young people with differing gender identities.
- trans law center (TLC)
- Trans Youth Family Allies
- gender justice league ( specifically for advocating for gender equality within the LGBT+ community)
i will try to have more soon!! including stuff to good places to get things like binders and breast foams, clothes, make up, etc.
edit (final): i took out everything in reference to blackout. it was inappropriate of me, and i apologize. this should have just been a list of some trans resources. i’m sorry.