IN CASE YOU HAVENT HEARD YET
!!!!! MUST READ !!!!!!
In two days about a quarter of a million people will be made stateless. They will have no homes, no passports, and no civil rights. There are several reasons for this, but the primary reason is racism.
At issue is a ruling by the Constitutional Court in the Dominican Republic to strip away the citizenship of several generations of Dominicans:
According to the decision, Dominicans born after 1929 to parents who are not of Dominican ancestry are to have their citizenship revoked. The ruling affects an estimated 250,000 Dominican people of Haitian descent, including many who have had no personal connection with Haiti for several generations.
Dominican Republic has always had a longstanding hatred towards Haiti for years but what they’re doing is literally taking anyone who’s family lineage cannot be traced back to 1929, and putting them on a one-way bus back to Haiti, whether they were born in the DR or not. They don’t care.
The US State Department has denounced the Dominican government for this plan, and pointed out that it is a gross violation of human rights according to the U.N. charter.
Below are 5 things you need to know about what is happening in the Dominican Republic:
- The DR government has revoked the citizenship of more than 100,000 Dominicans born in the country of Haitian parents.
- Many of the Dominican-born Haitians facing the looming threat of deportation have never visited Haiti or know anyone there.
- The criteria the government will use in deciding who is to be bussed out of the country is “dark-skinned Dominicans with Haitian facial features.”
- The DR government claims to have established a legalization process for Dominican-Haitians wishing to remain in the country, but the system is close-to-impossible, according to sources on the ground.
- Even though currently the deportation of Dominic-Haitians persists as only a possibility, all evidence points to it happening.
Source / Source / Source