This is an open letter to the pro-life movement Stop fetishizing rape. Stop saying babies conceived during rape are a blessing. Stop saying babies deserve a chance despite the sins of their ‘father’. Stop saying rape creates extraordinary people Stop making up lies that abortion wi...
When I say I'm pro-life...
It doesn’t mean I’m religious. Because I’m not.It doesn’t mean I hate LGBT community. Because I am a supporter.It doesn’t mean I force women to give birth. Because I never will.Take what you want from my blog, but never assume I’m just your stereotypical pro-lifer...
An estimated 800,000 people attended March for Life last year. The median expense for a church-sponsored trip is about $50, so say every person spent $50 to attend. That’s about $40,000,000. That $40,000,000 could have provided:2,857,142 bottles of pre-natal vitamins20,000 pre-natal doctor visits2,1...
Do you feel as though you have the right to decide whether or not an abortion is okay? If you answered yes, I need you to answer one question for me: are you the pregnant person choosing abortion for yourself? No? Then it’s none of your fucking business.
“Not a single pro-life person that I have met is truly pro-life. They’re pro-forced pregnancy. Pro-forced birth. Anti-abortion. Anti-ch...”
- The vegan:All lives matter! Even those of animals! Cruelty free products only! Only the human fetus is completely worthless.
- The feminist:The right to abortion is a womenright! Ignore the father! Ignore the fact that the fetus might be female! Instead of offering women medical, financial, legal and psychological support, we should make access to abortion even easier!
- The hypothetical thinker:What if you found yourself standing on a bridge and someone held a gun to your head and there was another guy holding a petrydish with a fetus in one hand and a baby in the other hand and threatened to drop one of them off the bridge and you need to chose which one they should drop and if you don't chose they will shoot you THEN HOW WILL YOU DECIDE!?
- The ableist:Abortion should be legal if the child is diagnosed with a disability. It would have a horrible life full of pain and social struggles, so it's better of dead. Also, no woman should be forced to go through the burden of raising a disabled child.
- The "cotcha" type:You're all pro life until the child is gay. Or transsexual. Or black. Or an atheist. I JUST KNOW YOU WOULD WANT AN ABORTION IF THAT'D BE THE CASE.
- The egoist:Even if mother and child are healthy, it is not conceived in rape, the father and rest of the family is supportive and financially capable of raising a child abotion should be legal because THE RIGHT TO BODILY AUTONOMY IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE RIGHT TO LIFE. BODILY AUTONOMY - BECAUSE WE DON'T NEED NOR HAVE NO OTHER ARGUMENTS.
- The political one:Can we talk about how much I hate republicans! Fucking republicans with their pro life agenda! Republicans hate women! DO NOT VOTE REPUBLICAN THEY'RE ALL MISOGYNISTS!
- The MRA:Although abortion discriminates against fathers, it should remain legal, because otherwise fathers would be forced to pay childsupport. I mean, do you know what's worse than someone killing your unborn child? Having to pay for it once it's born.
Gimme a break, If you think you’re oh so righteous, use the actual term. It’s called abortion. It makes you “Pro-Abortion”. I hate euphemisms for a reason.
Pro-choice: “I want you to be able to do whatever you want, whenever you want with your own body, because it’s yours and what you do doesn’t effect me at all.” Pro-life: “I want my own personal beliefs and opinions to dictate what you can and cannot do with your own bod...
For #RoeAt40, all of my favorite pro-choice resources
As my long-time readers know, abortion is an issue I’m very passionate about. So passionate that I have a bookmarks folder simply labeled “Abortion” that has about 75 links in it. For your edification, some of my favorite response to pro-life ignorance: “Banning abortions wou...
- pro-lifer:babies feel pain at eight weeks!!!
- me:there are literally more than a dozen scientific articles that have crushed that myth about fetal pain.
- pro-lifer:uhm sweetie, you may have a multitude of reliable info, but i got one source from a pro-life website so babies feel pain at eight weeks:)
When politicians try to pass pro-life legislation
- Pro lifers:Choose only what we decide is best for you, we definitely know more about your life than you do. If you pick something we don't like we'll attack, harass, insult and harm you.
- Pro choicers:Choose whatever you feel is the best choice for you and we'll support you no matter what.
“This person took meticulous time destroying EVERYTHING that was important to me; everything that I have worked very hard for all my life. He...”