- Sexual Attraction:Sexual attraction is a feeling that sexual people get that causes them to desire sexual contact with a specific other person.
- Romantic Attraction:Romantic attraction is a feeling that causes people to desire a romantic relationship with a specific other person.
- Crushes:A crush is a romantic attraction to someone, a desire for a romantic relationship of some kind, a desire that is possibly temporary in nature, possibly never to be acted upon.
- Squishes:A squish is an aromantic crush, a desire for a strong platonic relationship with someone; this envisioned relationship is usually more emotional intimate than a typical friendship.
- Sensual Attraction:Some asexuals report a desire to do sensual (but not sexual) things with certain people, especially relating to tactile sensuality such as cuddling.
- Aesthetic Attraction:Some asexuals report feeling an attraction to other people that is not connected to a desire to do anything with them, either sexually or romantically. They simply appreciate their appearance.
- Click the source for a more detailed explanation.
“The romance industry conflates finding love with looking a certain way, and it’s hard even for the strongest of us not to internalize ...”
“Physical attractions are common. A mental connection is rare.”
“Physical attractions are common, but a mental connection is rare.”
“Decide what you want. Believe you can have it. Believe you deserve it and believe it’s possible for you. And then close your eyes ever...”