Today is International Transgender Day of Visibility
Shout out to all my trans followers and all that encompasses regardless of if your gender is female, male, non-binary, agender, or any of the myriad of labels for gender identity, or those who go without labels either due to personal choice or still searching for a label to identify with. Rock on.
“Girl Scouts has valued and supported all girls since our inception in 1912. There is not one type of girl.”
Crystal Castles III
LET "LEELAH ALCORN" BE PUT ON LEELAH'S TOMBSTONE!!!
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION TO LET HER RESPECTFULLY REST IN PEACE!!!! DONT LET HER PARENTS DISRESPECT HER BY PUTTING HER BIRTH NAME!!!
YOU DON’T NEED TO BE MASCULINE TO BE A TRANS GUY AND YOU DON’T NEED TO BE FEMININE TO BE A TRANS GIRL. IT’S ABOUT LIVING OUT YOUR (!!!) TRUTH.
My transgender sterilization, or why my consent meant nothing.
In 2009 I was sterilized against my will. And it didn’t happen the way I expected. I wasn’t strapped to a bed or dragged screaming into an operating room. If that had been the case, at least I would have had an easier time understanding what happened to me. Instead it was the slow mounting of circum...
- Co-worker:Did you know she's really a guy?
- Mom:Not when I hired her but yes, I am aware now.
- Co-worker:How could you hire someone like that?
- Mom:Easy, she's adorable and more than capable of doing the job.
- Co-worker:Well as a mother, I am appalled that he's allowed to work somewhere with people's children.
- My mom:Listen here lady, that IS someone's child you're talking about. You are an adult. Stop acting like a child. SHE is a wonderful GIRL.
- Co-Worker:Well I just don't feel safe sharing a bathroom with her.
- Mom:Okay, she's transgender, not some kind of sexual predator. She's not going to attack you in the bathroom. She's obviously a better person than you. You know what? Why don't you go complain to management about it because your ignorance and hate is really pissing me off.
Can We Talk About Dinsey's Transgender Princess?
There has been as lot of fan discussion about Frozen over the past several months, a movie that has (justifiably) stirred strong feelings on both sides of the spectrum. It’s a movie that deserves to be talked about, balanced as it is between being Disney’s first major animated feature directed by a ...