am i the only person who saw this when he tweeted that pic
AND BACK TO NORMAL BLOGGING NOW
Don’t study because you need to. Study because knowledge is power. Study because they can never take...
Gods bless the ppl who message you to tell you what show that gifset is from, because they noticed t...
All hail the angels of tumblr. May your hot beverages never grow cold, your ice never melt and ruin your cold beverages, and may your bills always get paid on time and leave you some cash left over.
Tumblr started a petition to shut down 4chan -slowly covers face- guys…..
- Retta:African parents are like that too, you guys! (wipes tears)
- Ming-Na Wen:(laughs) I know, right? It's true.
- Retta:I was supposed to be a neurosurgeon. Can you imagine?
- Ming-Na Wen:*hugs her*
- Retta:My parents are from Liberia, and Liberians are ALL about school. It's like no joke. Most of them send their kids to the States to go to school because they think that's where the best schools are, that sort of thing. And I was a math science girl, I was pre-med. I was supposed to be a neurosurgeon.
- Retta:And I remember when I started doing stand up, I was like, "shit, my mother is going to be like, 'are you fucking kidding me right now?'" And I remember calling my mom and saying, "So I'm going to drive to California and do the stand up thing so I can get into TV."
- Retta:And my mom-- you know she didn't freak out like I thought she was totally going to freak out--My dad freaked out. He was like, "Please get health insurance." That was his big thing, "GET HEALTH INSURANCE."
- Retta:But my mom was like, "Just remember you're carrying around your father's last name. So don't embarrass him." She was like, "Do the best that you can. Don't go playing. If you're going to do it, do it." So I dropped my last name.
I don't want anyone to take you away from me.